Monday 7 December 2009

Evaluation of my experimental video

I feel as though my video has gone to plan, because I managed to complete it within allowed time and exhibition it in the right surrondings. I showed my video to my media class in the radio suite, because it is small and dark and has a big screen to show it on. I chose to show my video to my media class because I knew I would get honest feedback. I gave everyone a copy of my questionnaire to find out what they really thought about my film, and whether they really understood the concept I was trying to get across. The questionnaires revealed that everyone understood the concept of how the media puts pressure on us and influences us so much. However some people also thought it was to do with not only medias influences, but the idea of people striving for perfection.

The only negative feedback I recieved was that my filming during the first clip was a bit shaky, which I was already aware of because I couldnt get the camera to the right angle when using the tripod. And someone said that the music along with sound of the tv clips was a bit much and a bit overwhelming, but that is the feeling I was trying to achieve. I wanted the audience to feel isolated by being in the dark and bombarded my the images, and by having the music overlaping the sound of the tv clips I managed to achieve that feeling.

I think if I had to do this video again, I would try and find an alternative way to film the first clip to make it less shaky. And I would also posistion the camera better when filming the Tv clips, because in some clips you can see the tv not just the screen. And I had problems with lighting as the only time I had to film the make up scene was in the evening, and as it was dark I had to switch on lamps because otherwise you couldnt see a thing! But apart from this I wouldnt change anything because I feel that the concept of the video was good and everyone understood the concept from the way I did the video. So overall I think my video went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment